Friday, August 14, 2009

Cilantro Chipotle Tilapia with Mexican Pineapple Salad

Cilantro Chipotle Tilapia w/ Mexican Pineapple Salad (Alliekatt33)
From Gourmet Magazine - February 2009
Active time:15 min Start to finish:30 min Serves 4
**Notes - I don't measure so I winged most of this. I scaled it to 2 filets instead of 4. I probably used too much chipotle in adobo, so it was really spicy, but I love things hot so it was fine for just me.

Mild tilapia takes beautifully to a robust, smoky cilantro-chipotle sauce.

1 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoons chopped canned chipotles in adobo
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 (6-oz) tilapia fillets
Preheat broiler.

Purée cilantro, oil, chiles with some adobo sauce, water, cumin, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper in a blender until smooth, then coat fish with sauce.

Line rack of a broiler pan with foil, then broil fish 3 to 4 inches from heat until just cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment